Earth-Friendly, Natural, and Unique.
Sisal carpet is growing in popularity in the greater Libertyville, Gurnee, Mundelein areas because of its rustic look and earth-friendliness. This type of carpet is made from the fibers of a cactus-like plant called Agave sisalana, native to Africa and Brazil. Once the leaves are cut, the fibers are extracted. These fibers are cut, dried, and treated to produce twine that can then be woven into rugs. There are many possibilities in terms of the weave pattern, and the photo above is just one example. Just like hemp and coir, sisal provides durability that most manmade materials can’t match. Because of its durability, sisal doesn’t show the wear patterns common in wall-to-wall carpeting.
Benefits of Sisal Carpet
- Sisal carpet is naturally stain-resistant, so it doesn’t require any chemical treatments that may be harmful to children and pets.
- It repels dust and static electricity.
- It absorbs sound better than other carpeting material.
- Sisal carpeting is naturally flame-resistant.
- It can be combined with other natural fibers such as wool or sea grass.
- Sisal carpet can add a rustic look to any room.
- It is a more durable carpet flooring option.
- Sisal does not do well with moisture and should be avoided in rooms such as the bathroom.
- It may feel rough underfoot compared to traditional carpet materials, so it may not be best to sit or lie on for prolonged periods.
- Sisal carpet can be prone to color-fading especially with prolonged exposure to the sun.
Your Libertyville Carpet Experts
If you’re ready to get to work on your next carpet project, give the experts at Floor Coverings International Libertyville a call! We’ll bring our mobile showroom right to your home, filled with different carpet samples. We’ll ask a lot of questions to help determine the best flooring option for your unique home. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation. We proudly serve the greater Libertyville, Gurnee, Mundelein areas.